Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Winter Miracle



 Two projects, but the same materials and images.  I think if I were doing this again I might paper piece the angel's cloak, since it was a bit challenging coloring in such a large area with copics.  Door County Kid stamps often work wonderfully for paper piecing.  So much fun.  Like paper dolls.

 The first project is actually a wooden block made especially for me when I need a block to hold a photo by sweet Michelle LaRue of Pine Needle Hill.  I've become a bit addicted to the larger size of these as a focal point when making a set.  Or you know, just making a single pretty block to perch around that won't get hurt if little people (or klutzy me) knock it off the display.

wooden block (snowy church is a stamp by Northwoods Stamps)

And here's the card I made from the same concept.  I did paper piece the snow on this one.  Love the texty-ness of this paper snow.  And now texty-ness is a real word.  For sure.
card with texty-ness snow

You can find the stamp here: Door County Rubber Stamps or if you are in my neck of the woods here: Backroads Plum Crazy.  Papers are from October Afternoon's Silent Night, and the Snowflake Frame is a Spellbinders die.

No comments:

Post a Comment