Friday, November 30, 2007

Ding Dong Merrily on High

Just got back in from Kansas and a visit to the old aged Ps.  It was wonderful to see the old stomping grounds, but boy is it true that you can't go home.  They'd ripped down 4 houses on my block, so that our house is now the first on on the block (we used to be the middle).  My mother says she's thinking of setting up a croquet lawn.  Yet another example where I get my crazy from.  I dropped off her birthday present while I was down there, a couple of weeks early.  Now here is where she and I differ, I would have ripped into that brown paper hard core lickety split, but she has restraint! pffft.  Now I have to recruit my little sister to take a picture of her face as she opens it.


I've been dying to use this petaloo rose on something, so Mom got a big pink themed gift, even though her favorite color is dried blood red (her description)


The gift tag is made from a glimmer misted shipping tag, the roses from the Spellbinder Rose Frameabilities set. Those beautiful letters are hard to appreciate online, but are embossed Spellbinders alphas too.  The other side has a vintage perfume label on it.




  I also broke out my Heidi Swapp masks for the first time.  I think I'll be brining them out more often!  I just started with brown craft paper, laid the mask down, spritz spritz, and voila... not to shabby for running out of real wrapping paper and being to lazy to drive to town and buy some.




I wonder if anyone can possibly guess what's inside? If only she'd opened it! I'm so bad at waiting, makes me itchy.


1 comment:

  1. That's just beautiful, Donya! Love how you used the die with the Glimmer Mist - pretty clever!

    ReplyDelete