Monday, October 10, 2011
Monday, October 3, 2011
The winner is Pamela Young! Your name literally fell in my lap during the drawing, lol. Please e-mail me at donya at backroadsplumcrazy.com with your contact information by October 17th, 2011.
I taught this as a class this time last year at Door County Rubber Stamps in Egg Harbor. We had so much fun! Everybody made such beautiful boxes. I think the most popular part was making the paper rose and coloring it with Twinkle H2Os.
Here are the instructions for everyone who wants to try this at home: Fall Magic Box
Supply List Details:
- Stamps are all available at Backroads Plum Crazy or directly from Door County Rubber Stamps
- I used decorative paper from Cosmo Cricket Flueriste Paper (Vineyard & Dew Drops) & Cosmo Cricket Flueriste Cardstock Stickers on the inside of each notecard
- I used the Marvy Embossing Oak Leaf Punch and the McGill Designer Series punches to make the foilage out of vellum. Since then Spellbinders has come out with some really excellent foilage dies that I would highly recommend.
- I stamped my main image, cut it out with Spellbinders Nested Maple Leaves (S4-228), colored the girl and branches with Copics, then created sky and leaves with a blending tool and distress ink.
- Brown Vine & the Antique Gold Silk Ribbon are from May Arts and are to die for. Swoon.
That's all for today folks! If you have trouble with any of the steps or questions, don't hesitate to shoot me an e-mail. Have fun and thanks for visiting!
Saturday, October 1, 2011
Yay! It's World Cardmaking Day! Time for some swag! I'm on the road this weekend, so no card making for me, bummer! I was up until the wee hours making these card kits. Leave a comment for your chance to win a kit and the stamp I used on the top of the box!!!
each kit contains materials to make a beautiful one sheet wonder gift box and a handful of 4x4 notecards. Everything you need is included (well, except glue)
Tune in Monday morning and I'll post the winners names plus instructions for making your own!