Friday, July 11, 2008

Lucky #13


Welcome to day #13 of the Spellbinders Sneak Peak!  I know I’m all-a-flutter over the new dies. How about you?   I get to share the new Shapeabilities Nested Set Butterfly (S4-171) MSRP $19.99 today!  Woo hoo!



I know Wendy would have loved to have gotten her hands on this set for her butterfly challenges!  Butterflies are so great, completely versatile, just like Nestabilities.  Coincidence?  I think not.   One of my favorite things about nesties (other than the basic whole wonderfully perfect stacking ability) is that they can handle cutting through lightweight chipboard…or a couple of layers of cardstock, meaning you can make SHAPED CARDS really easily, which is what we’re going to do today.



You could do this with either of the two largest sizes of butterflies, maybe even the third smallest one, but that would be about the size of a gift tag for Barbie.  This one is made with the largest die of the set.




You just need a regular sized card base (4.25 x 5.5 inches)




Place the tips of the wings just above the fold of the card, so they won’t cut through.  I hold it in position with a bit of low-tac tape, so it doesn’t shift during cutting.




Here you can see how the cutting edge of the die is just above the fold.




Run the butterfly through the Wizard to cut.




Pop the paper out of the die.  Oooooooh, aaaaaaaaaaah, a butterfly shaped card base :-)




Take that same die again, and this time cut out your card front.  Isn’t it neat that the die is made so you can see through it and position it to capture just the right flower in just the right spot?  Love that.




Now we need some circles nestabilities for the center embellishment (see perfect stacking ability)


Look ma! Perfectly Centered!  I’m the sort of person who stares at the place were the wallpaper seams don’t quite match up, so this is important to me.



Tie a little twine around the center of the card for some texture, layer the circles with foam dots.




Throw on a couple rhinestones to just finish things off in a nice way and you’ve got a great Butterfly Shaped Card thanks to the brand new Spellbinders Shapeabilities Nested Sets: Butterfly.  Tres cool.
Oh, and the pretty paper is from Fancy Pants and the cardstock is from Prism (that is GOOD cardstock, not flimsy ‘at all)

If you want to watch how to run these dies, here’s a video.  I always find it’s easier to get things when you can see it being done.



Now here’s the important stuff- How to WIN your own set of these nifty little Nesties or, if you’ve been following the sneak peaks, then the whole shebang.

Spellbinders Birthday Celebration
Sneak Peek Party Drawing Information
Spellbinders will randomly pick one entry from each of the 14 Spellbinders Sneak Peek Blog reveals as stated in the “Rules”.  This name will be drawn to receive the die being revealed on said blog.  These entries must follow all rules stated below to be valid for the drawing.
Entrants visiting all 14 Spellbinders Birthday Celebration Sneak Peeks Blog reveals and correctly entering their information into the 14 separate drawings, as described below,  will automatically be entered into a GRAND PRIZE give away of a new RASPBERRY WIZARD and a $500 retail value die package!
Rules
Any participant wishing to be included in the daily drawing for the Spellbinders Birthday Celebration Sneak Peek die give away must adhere to all of the following rules:

1) Participant must click on the provided drawing link on blog to enter each individual drawing on sneak peeks between June 30 and July 13.
2) Participant must type in the subject line the name of the die being revealed.
3) Participant must send their entry for this blog before 12:00 midnight Central Standard Time on July 13th.
4) Participant is only allowed to enter each of the 14 Spellbinders sneak peek blog give away drawings one time per sneak peek. Participant must use the same email address daily to be considered for grand prize entry.
5) Spellbinders Design Team members and employees are not eligible for drawing.
6)For official
answers to questions regarding this contest, e-mail kim@spellbinders.us.

Any participant wishing to be automatically entered into the drawing for the Spellbinders Birthday Celebration Sneak Peek Grand Prize drawing, must enter the drawing from all of the 14 blog reveals and follow all the above rules.
Please note:
*Spellbinders will only use email information to contact the winner.
*Spellbinders will not share this email address with any other parties. 
*Spellbinders will not use this email information for advertisements or communications
other than to contact the winner.
*If you wish to be included in further communications from Spellbinders, please go to their homepage and sign up: www.spellbinders.us.
CLICK HERE TO ENTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(If you use an e-mail client that does not work with this pop-up box, you may copy
and paste this address to send your entry to: NewDierelease@spellbinders.us)



87 comments:

  1. How cool new butterflies to play with. I love your project too.
    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for showing how you made that great card. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yipppeee! Butterflies! Love these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like the butterfly card and all the possibilities they offer. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous butterflies! Thanks for the great ideas! your projects are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I LOVE butterflies! And your shaped card is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card - and great tip on making the shaped cards with the wizard and dies. Yes, I've forgotten and just cut out 2 nice shapes!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great sized die for those butterfly cards! Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card - if I don't win the set I am going to have to buy it so I can make these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your butterfly card is very pretty. I love the Momma butterfly and her babies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the way you used this Shapeabilities Die to make the butterfly card. Can't wait to get my hand on these to try case-ing your sample!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love butterflies.
    Your card is awesome.Can't wait to buy this one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, Love these dies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, butterflies! How awesome are those? I LOVE these dies!
    Your cards are just amazing with them, love them! What a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. GREAT JOB I LOVE THE BUTTERFLIES...NEED NEED NEED THEM

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, it looks like they are saving the best for next-to-last! This card is soooo cooooool and so easy! These butterflies just moved to the top of my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These dies are just great. Can't wait for them to be available to buy. Your interpretation is so good. Must try your card out. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cleaver idea, great card!!
    Karen W

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lucky 13 Is me! Lot 13 we won a fishing tournament, slip 13 we won another tournament section so day 13 is for me!
    Denise Wells

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this new butterfly die. Love all your ideas. Very creative and inspiring. I just love your style. Thanks for a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  21. CherylQuilts at SCSJuly 12, 2008 at 12:32 AM

    Great new die and wonderful card that you made! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW!!! I LOVE butterflies and yours is simply GORGEOUS...THANKS for all the details!!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  23. My gosh...the possibilities will be endless with this set.
    I love the size of that big one. Got to have it!
    ansa

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your card is so pretty. Love the new butterfly shapes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is a great butterfly card! I have a feeling it's going to be a big seller!!! I know I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This set is fantastic. Your butterfly card is great and a tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I was hoping there would be a die like this. I punch butterflies all the time for my cards. I'm so excited about this one. Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  28. OK, now I have to add this one to the LIST! Gee, thanks! LOL Gotta make those butterfly cards now. Thanks for sharing your art and keeping the economy going, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just love butterflies! Beautiful card! I can't believe the sneak peeks are coming to an end...bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  30. LOVE your card!!!
    OY! This year's release will be difficult to choose ;0) But I enjoy seeing all the creations!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Kewl! Love the butterfly shaped card... and this great nested shapeabilities die set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. very cute- I just have to have these, i have searched for a perfect punch forever!!-search over!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Absolutely marvelous introduction of the butterflies!! I am so looking forward to having these in my own hot litlle hands - and my first project is a floral butterfly card. this is so cool!
    Re: wallpaper seams - you and I would be deadly together. I also only have 2 pairs of the oh so trendy plaid shorts because I will not wear mis-matched seams.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Butterflies too.........now I'm in heaven! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. At first glance this set didn't catch my eye, but after viewing your beautiful card, I have changed my mind -- there are lots of possibiliies for these. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  36. OMH, waaaaaayyyyy cool -- can't wait to get my hands on these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wonderful butterfly card!!! Great idea to make shaped cards!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great butterflies. They would be awesome to play with. Thanks for the video, love how you can use these dies in any system.

    ReplyDelete
  39. These look like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love IT! At first I thought they were pretty small looking at the die cuts.. then I scrolled down and seet your project! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Those dies make a lovely shape for a card! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh what pretty butterflies.
    Love your projects with this set~the large Butterfly Card is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh what pretty butterflies.
    Love your projects with this set~the large Butterfly Card is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Beautiful project! I can see that these butterfly dies are full of possibilities. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  45. This is so pretty! I love the card with the little twine detail and the circle center! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Stacking butterflies. Ahhh, the possibilities! Love your shaped card. Now, pick me, pretty please!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love these butterflies! How wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Beautiful card! Hope you have/had a Happy Birthday.
    TFS!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  49. So very pretty. I could see this all in white with gold accents for a wedding-fly away with happinesss card:)

    ReplyDelete
  50. I'm Spellbound, lol!! I really am, your card is gorgeous. Your work makes me want this die RIGHT NOW, Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Ooooohhh, I love the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  52. The butterflies are too cool! Your card is gorgeous!!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  53. I love how you all show the things you can do with those dies. When I saw the dies I went, Oh, a butterfly but then I saw the card you made with it, I went WOW, a BUTTERFLY. I want one too:)
    TFS.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Butterflies are my favorite... love what you did with this die. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  55. I love this butterfly die. Thanks for the great card idea.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Very cute projects! I just love butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Super cute card! The "Barbie Sized" would be perfect for the handle of a gift bag, no? Especially if you're as last minute as I am! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  58. I love butterflies, this is one of my favorites!!! Your card is just adorable.
    God bless
    Giovana

    ReplyDelete
  59. Another cool "must have" from Spellbinders! Your presentation is awesome...I love your butterfly card:)

    ReplyDelete
  60. Butterflies, I love butterflies. Thay are some of my favorite Images. I really want these ones. The projects you created are Fantastic!!! You are so talented!!
    Thanks
    Marie
    http://scrappingworld.blogspot.com
    scrappingworld@live.com
    jmcramp@telus.net

    ReplyDelete
  61. Your butterfly card is just beautiful!! And what a great tip about using some tape to hold the die in place. Kind of a duh moment for me, so thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Love what you did making a card out of the large one. Just so creative. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  63. These would have come in handy this past week. I just made my mother a butterfly card for her birthday and this would have made life so much easier! Beautiful card! Thank you so much for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Beautiful sample and great idea for a die set. These previews are amazing. This will be a fun shape to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  65. I love these dies. And more importantly, I love your card! That is something that I would SO case! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Your butterfly card looks great, as do all your projects. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  67. You KNOW I'm going to have this butterfly now, right??? Fabulous job on the tutorial! This is wonderful, Donya! (Happy belated Birthday, too!!)

    ReplyDelete
  68. I love your examples of using this die! Super cute projects and your writing style is so fun!!
    I'm bookmarking your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  69. Wowzers this is gorgeous!!! I can't wait to get my hands on most of these new dies!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  70. Wonderful Dies. I love butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Love the butterfly card, especially with the patterned paper. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  72. Butterflies, Butterflies and more Butterflies, oh how I love them, and now in the dies...oh my goodness, I can hardly wait to get them in my hands. Your work is a eye opener, the butterfly card is so unique....you did a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Great ideas, and happy (belated?) birthday!! Many happy returns of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Woo hoo is right! Great sneak peek and awesome projects.

    ReplyDelete
  75. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the butterfly! That die has moved up to my favorite/must-have!

    ReplyDelete
  76. The Butterfly is precious and you've done some very nice things with it. I would love to have the Nestabilities Set!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Love the butterfly set. So fun and your projects are fantastic. Thanks for sharing.
    Denise G

    ReplyDelete
  78. Like the die set. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  79. LOVE your sweet butterfly shaped card, Donya -- great project to showcase this die!

    ReplyDelete
  80. How cute. I can't believe the size of that thing. Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  81. These butterfly dies are awesome and so is your card. I can see I am going to have really diffuculty deciding which of the new 14 dies to buy first.

    ReplyDelete
  82. Oooo I love those butterfly dies! And I love your card you made with them. With all these wonderful dies Spellbinders is coming out with I think I might have to get a second job so I can buy each and every one :)

    ReplyDelete
  83. Wow this is really pretty. I just love the idea of being able to make a shaped card and what could be prettier then a Butterfly! - Ida

    ReplyDelete
  84. Love the butterflies - what girl can be without them? The card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  85. Oh my gosh sakes alive!! I just love, love, did I mention, LOVE this butterfly die set!!! WOW! I haven't seen a new die set that I haven't liked yet. But then again, whether or not I could make something as gorgeous as all you ladies have will probably be impossible. You really did an awesome job on your designs, can I come and create with you!? Keep up the good work, I found your blog thru the "Birthday Celebration" and am so glad I did, I will subscribe and keep coming back now! Thank you so much for your hard work. Hope you have a very Blessed day! sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  86. Always looking for a little sonethine different. Love love this one.Great card and idea! Thanks. Diana

    ReplyDelete