Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Mooooooo



At long last!  I downloaded my camera and snuck a few moments to scrap the new stars of The Dairy Barn B&B (aka my residence)  Meet Thumper and Bumper, two new steers destined to be fabulous grass fed steaks.  A bit unsentimental of a view perhaps, but I am very fond of ribeye and I'm trying to be a stronger locavore.   They are very sweet calves.  They like their ears and chins scratched just like big dogs :-)




Thumper and Bumper were actually being raised in secret by one of my uncle's friends.  We've been talking in code about them for about 6 months before we suprised Grandpa Don with them.  The lack of shocked reaction was kinda dissapointing, but that's a stoic old farmer for you.  Don't let him fool you, he's just goofy over those two cows.  Probably likes them even more since he doesn't have to get up at 4 am to milk them.




See Alfie. See Alfie the cow dog "gaurd" the strange new additions to the farmyard.
PS- Isn't that paper pretty?  I just discovered Webster's Pages, I'm completely in love with them.  It's Anna Griffin meets Basic Grey and them made 10 times more wonderful.  Go check out their sample pages here - http://websterspages.ning.com/  I promise you'll be inspired!


No comments:

Post a Comment