Monday, September 5, 2011

Magic of Oz


I grew up in Kansas.  It wasn't black and white.  Sometimes it felt pretty sepia toned, especially when I was in high school.  I have to say I'm glad to be living in full technicolor now.  I think that Iowa (where I live now) might still be stuck in an episode of Green Acres. That isn't all bad, what with quirky characters and the occasional adorable pig.  But sometimes, just sometimes, it's time to run away to Oz.

Handily, I ust got the new Graphic 45 Magic of Oz paper.  Sometimes you need one of everything.  Especially Graphic 45 anything.  In which case you might need two of everything :-)






I made me some home decor.  I think Dorothy is your happy medium of happiness and good wholesome Midwesterness.  And then like little good and bad angels on each shoulder, you've got your witches.

Glinda makes my teeth hurt. But you have to give her points for character.  Not just everyone can carry off a crown that big.  Takes serious Personality (with a capital P)



The Wicked Witch rocks.  Everybody loves a bad ass :-) and the flying monkeys.  That's just genius.


And of course you must have fabulous shoes.  Must.



Supplies Used:

Graphic 45 Magic of Oz Collection-
  • Parcel Post
  • Goblin Gazette
  • The Magic of Oz
Door County Rubber Stamps-
  • Trick or Treat Witch
  • Trick or Treat Fairy
Misc.-
  • 8x10 Oval Mat
  • Tim Holtz Rosette Die
  • Ruby Stickles
  • Vintage Photo Distress Ink 

No comments:

Post a Comment