Thursday, August 14, 2008

Big Ole' Chandelier part two

Here is the second half of that same chandelier overlay and two of my goofier friends (they were playing dress up in the mall's prom section).  The background was too busy in the photo, so I just enlarged
it and then cut the girls out.

 


I am still very, VERY frustrated by Cricut's Opposites Attract cartridge, it eats up so much paper and the script letters don't flow very nicely into one another.  All this could be solved by their design software, I know, but I have a Mac and and I don't know if I can really justify buying a whole 'nother computer just so I can make one cartridge behave better. Sigh.  On the other hand it was just the look I wanted, so I just grumbled and trimmed the cricut cut letters by hand.
Caveat: I cut glitter paper with the Cricut.  DO NOT DO THIS unless you are sure that the glitter on your paper can't come off.  I think they call that style thermography or something similar.  DCWV glitter cardstock, for instance, is safe (that's what I used) and Doodlebug's Sugared Cardstock is not safe.  One of my friends used the sugared cardstock in her Cricut Expression- scary grinding noises ensued.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Donya!
    This is a really cute LO and it looks like your girlfriends are a lot of fun! Thanks for the tips on cutting the glitter paper!
    Smiles!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Heidi - what great "out of the box" ideas. I do have a question though: I have been seeing this "magnetic plate" being used in at least two of the sneak previews. Can this be used with the Cuttlebug?
    Thanks - I love your site!
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete