Sunday, January 25, 2009

Winner!

Congratulations to Patty, winner of the Tire Swing Stamp!  Here's what she wrote:
"I’m so excited! How awesome…I won something…I’m weeping so it is difficult to type or see what I’m typing. I’m so new to all of this and this ole dog is trying to learn all this new blogging, posting, and stamping stuff.  Thanks so much for blessing me with this precious stamp."
Patty also had some great memories of swinging with her friends at recess when she was a girl:
"It reminded me so much of when I was a child however; we didn’t have a car much less a tire to use as a swing.  At school during recess, my friend and I would swing all during recess.  I loved that you colored her hair reddish brown as that is my hair coloring. Believe it or not, my hair was almost that long"
Personally, my hair was never long.  I was one of those kids who cried when I got the tangles combed out of my hair (it's curly underneath the top layer, so evilly prone to tangles!), so my mom decided I was a pixie cut girl, lol.  I always envied those long locked beauties!




This is my "tire swing"- an old rope that goes out over the quarry.  Not for the faint of heart.  There are picnic tables, old cars, and TADPOLES (eeee!) lurking under the surface of that water.

Bless you, too, Patty! And I hope you have tons of fun with your new stamp!

XO
D



No comments:

Post a Comment