Wednesday, March 9, 2011

On my work desk; a Summer Fantasy


Has it been a week already?  Craziness.  I've been a busy bee this week, making banners of various forms out the whazoo.  I did manage to back off from having taken over 4 tables and a counter at the shop and am back down to my usual two.  Definitely an improvement. Gold star for me :-) !



The banner on the table is the last one to be finished of a seasonal series I'm going to be teaching at Backroads Plum Crazy.  This one is Summer.


Antique Linen Crackle Paint makes pretty good sand!


The Old Lace Glimmermist on the canvas word doesn't show up too well in person or in the photo.  I may paint over it, or maybe leave it as is, with the barest hint of glitter.  More is less and all.


A few pretty beachy flowers. Positively minimalist compared to the other seasons, but it helps keep the airy feel.  None of this is glued down yet as I ran out of hot glue and wasn't brave enough to ransack the office in search of a fresh stick.  I get the urge to organize whenever I go in there.  And by "organize" I mean take everything out of the lawn like a TLC show and put a great big "Free to a Good Home" sign on it. I'll try and sweet talk Michelle to get me one out later today.

In other news, this weekend I'm going to Galena.  What is in Galena you ask?  Nothing less than Vintaj, darling!  Oh, and a lot of other cool historic things, but mostly (for me) Vintaj.   I'm going to take their Art Metal Workshop.



And maybe a dash over to a stamp store ;-) I'm so, so, so, excited.Plus I'm staying a the Irish Cottage Boutique Hotel (ooh lala) which has a fairy ring and Woodchuck Cider on draft.  Perfect for just before St. Patty's day.

13 comments:

  1. Wow, lovely pretty project you've got going on there :)
    xx Leo

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that is just stunning! hugs Debx 121

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely summery colours and project. Thanks for visiting me
    x Tricia (60)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow love your banner the colours are fab !Thanks for the tip re the sand and crackle paint .Am doing box art for bathroom and will try that out as sand.Hav fun this weekend happy wednesday
    hugs judex3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your project is beautiful. I love the blue butterfly and flowers.

    Regina #132

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful project you are making! Did you say it is a banner? Love the colors. Thanks for sharing! Vickie #69

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing work and detail on your project love the blue!
    TFS and Happy WOYWW!
    love Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love you current project! The workshop sounds like a fun thing to do. Have a great time.
    DanielleP

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those banners look great. Hope you found your glue. I was most annoyed today to find that my Quickie glue pen had finally run out. You tend to forget how long you have had these things, so you forget where the replacements are.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the project and want to do the classes!!!! Can you bring them to England please!!!
    Frankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That banner is just stunning. Beautiful work! Janice #100

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful project you're making! :)

    Love your crafty space.

    Thank you for sharing.

    Maggie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow lovely banner you are making ~ Nicky 2

    ReplyDelete