Monday, October 3, 2011

Fall Magic WCMD 2011

Happy Monday, everyone!  It is a beautiful fall day, the leaves have changed, the mums are blooming, and the scarecrow is the next thing on my to do list :-)

It is the perfect day to announce the winner of this Fall Magic Box Kit!
Drumroll please.....

The winner is Pamela Young!  Your name literally fell in my lap during the drawing, lol.  Please e-mail me at donya at backroadsplumcrazy.com with your contact information by October 17th, 2011.

I taught this as a class this time last year at Door County Rubber Stamps in Egg Harbor.  We had so much fun!  Everybody made such beautiful boxes.  I think the most popular part was making the paper rose and coloring it with Twinkle H2Os.

Here are the instructions for everyone who wants to try this at home:   Fall Magic Box

Well I hunted and hunted for the diagram I had made for folding the sturdy little origami box that makes up the heart of this project to no avail.  But hurrah! Splitcoast Stampers are the best :-) they had a step by step list of how to make it.  
Just go here: 

Supply List Details:

  • Stamps are all available at Backroads Plum Crazy or directly from Door County Rubber Stamps
  • I used decorative paper from Cosmo Cricket Flueriste Paper (Vineyard & Dew Drops) & Cosmo Cricket Flueriste Cardstock Stickers on the inside of each notecard
  • I used the Marvy Embossing Oak Leaf Punch and the McGill Designer Series punches to make the foilage out of vellum.  Since then Spellbinders has come out with some really excellent foilage dies that I would highly recommend.
  • I stamped my main image, cut it out with Spellbinders Nested Maple Leaves (S4-228), colored the girl and branches with Copics, then created sky and leaves with a blending tool and distress ink.
  • Brown Vine & the Antique Gold Silk Ribbon are from May Arts and are to die for.  Swoon.

That's all for today folks!  If you have trouble with any of the steps or questions, don't hesitate to shoot me an e-mail. Have fun and thanks for visiting!


No comments:

Post a Comment