Monday, December 24, 2007

Thankyou Mr. Postman

I am so grateful that the USPS and UPS deliver on Christmas Eve.  I was *forced* to open these tonight, since I knew at least one of them would need a drink :-)



To start off, there's fodder for many a winter's night's dream: the new David Austin Rose catalog (insert wistful sigh here) and the new Life Images book from Somerset Studio.  I swear I smelled roses the whole time I did my initial flip through the catalog. 


Life Images is juicy.  Every page filled with some incredible, deep, beautiful image and the photographer's poetry or story about the photo.  I think I'll be turning to this book whenever I'm running a dryspell in my well of inspiration :-)


Isn't this bonsai absolutely beautiful?!?!  I've always thought bonsais were fussy little creatures, but I have to say I completely fell in love with this one (a gift from my dad) when I opened the box.  I'm not sure what kind of tree it actually is, but it smells wonderful.  Green leaves and wet earth, so wonderful in the dead of winter. 




  Included with the tree was an absolutely incredible Narnia pop up book.  It's hard to appreciate the sheer artistry of this book from a photograph, but it is amazing in person.  Each page is a different book from the Chronicles.  As someone who uses paper to make art on a daily basis, my jaw just dropped when I opened it for the first time.






No comments:

Post a Comment