Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Yankee Swap

Nothing like procrastinating. I came up with this little box idea from the Somerset Holidays Special Edition on the last possible day, but it came out pretty cute. 

The fairies on top is a sticker from Crafty Secrets and all that lovely glitter is from our new shipment of Art Institute Glitter.  I also sprinkled some beautiful Spellbinder butterflies diecut from extra heavy weight vellum colored in with spicas through out the handle.


The words inside are microscope slide ornaments.  Now I have to admit I'm really really bad at soldering, though I love the look, so I melted some platinum UTEE and dipped the edges of the slides in it.  Doesn't look quite as nice as the real thing from a skilled solderer, but it does look better than the real thing if I had done it!


Here's a better view of the top of the box which I covered in a copied scrap of an antique letter and stamped with my new favorite Penny Black stamp (it looks like a doodle of foxglove) The wire flower handle is made from some vintage bridal flowers I found at St. Vinnie's.

Pc100029


No comments:

Post a Comment