Monday, January 28, 2008

Cue the Theme Music

Every year I wind up listening to a set of songs over and over and over while I work on pages until it becomes a theme for the year.  Last year it was Liam Lynch's "United States of Whatever", "Smile" by Lily Allen, and pretty much anything Imogen Heap recorded.  I live in a really rural area, but my NPR station has a really good music selection that they play in the late evening.  Really good as in no hip hop (which I do own one or two songs of, I admit) but you may actually hear Beck mixed in with the Bob Dylan.  I expand my tastes there and this is what I've come up with for this year's theme album (so far)



1. Love the World You Find- The Flaming Lips (yes I admit, I'm an optimist, so sue me)
2. Soul Meets Body- Death Cab for Cutie (absolutely LOVE the video, you can see it at the bottom of this list)
3. Ballet for a Rainy Day- XTC
4. Eyes- Rogue Wave
4. Across the Sky- Emilie Autumn
5. Danke Schoen- Wayne Newton (yes, I'm also weird and have a strong sense of kitsch)
6. Even Angels Fall- Jessica Riddle (my concession to pop)
7. That's How You Know- Amy Adams from the Enchanted Soundtrack (I am a disney zombie, love that)
8. Oh It is Love- Hellogoodbye (aaaaand I'm sappy)
9. Lulu dans la village- Ann Savoy
10. I Fought the Law- Green Day (because sometimes you just need to bounce up and down in your seat)







That's the list of music I'm addicted to for the past, um, 28 days. Two Thumbs Up!  Jog the old creativity bean!



No comments:

Post a Comment