Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Peek

It's a bit hard to see, but this card is actually shaped like a door.  How fun is that! I found it on the Silhouette store.  99¢ well spent.  It went just perfect with a Door County Rubber Stamp I had of a girl peeking through the door with her teddy.  Then I found the "I knew you'd look" sentiment from River City Rubber works.  I love it when a plan comes together :-)

 
I made a few versions of the card.  One (this one) I used flowersoft on the wreath.  Another I embossed and sanded.  Both were pretty, I love the realism of the flowersoft, but if I were doing masses for Christmas, I would probably emboss and sand.  Much faster
 
Here's a close up of the image.  I love the sepia tone, with just a pop of red for her hair ribbon.

 Here's the same image used as the whole front of the card.  It reminds me a lot of Maurice Sendak 's art for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment