Saturday, March 20, 2010

Made with Love

The challenge is use only cardstock and the papers from a Basic Grey paper pack I've had in my stash for about a year.  A friend of mine was also feeling uninspired by the Scallop Heart Nesties she had bought, so to make things interesting, use this set of dies on every. single. one.   Turned out limiting your supplies is a great way to get inspired.



I stamped the my little baker twice.  Once on the oval and then on a scrap so I could cut her out and layer her over everything with foam dots, making it look like her little kitty is behind her skirt.  Ah, I love dimension.  Speaking of dimension, if you haven't used liquid pearls may I highly recommend them to you.  The red makes great little holly berries, or in this case, cherries and the other colors have a ton of uses too (perhaps a line of ivory pearl buttons marching down the back of a Victorian girl's gown, which you can see larger if you click on the image below).  I don't empathize with this stamp, nope.  Have you checked out Joy the Baker today?  Or the Cupcake Bakeshop?  Stamping and complex carbohydrates, there really is no better combo in my book.  Plus the occasional adorable cat trying to trip you and make off with the goodies.



Card number 11:

Supplies:
Door County Rubber Stamps Holiday Baking
Inkadinkado Sentiment
Ranger Ivory & Red Liquid Pearls


May Arts Burgandy Silk Ribbon
Copic Markers
Kaisercraft Pink Rhinestone, Rhinestone Strips
Basic Grey Bittersweet Paper Pack


Spellbinders Classic Ovals, Scallop Ovals, Classic Hearts & Scallop Hearts




No comments:

Post a Comment